Players ready for Homecoming game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Players ready for Homecoming game

Quarterback John Carnagio watches the defense from the sidelines in the game against Morris on Aug. 29.

Alexa Aspan

Alexa Aspan

Alexa Aspan

Tonight the MCHS sophomore and varsity football teams will take on the Plainfield Central Wildcats.

The sophomore team will play at 5:15 p.m. and the varsity team will play under the lights starting at 7:30 p.m. Both games will be held at MCHS Central Campus football field.

Minooka’s varsity is currently 2-2, while Plainfield Central is 0-4.

When players were asked what they expect to happen during the Homecoming game, senior Nathan Gunn said, expects a win and more. Gunn hopes to make this game one of his best and make it a game to remember. To do so Gunn wants to strive to get his goal of 300 rushing yards.

Junior Quintin Durov said, “All we can do is show up ready to win and play a good game.”

“I want to score a touchdown and to do so I will need to receive a pass from (quarterback John) Carnagio,” said Durov.

For seniors on the varsity football team, this is the last high school Homecoming Game of their high school career, and one they hope is memorable.