Homecoming: 10 years ago

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming: 10 years ago

Lyndsay Doyle runs the ball during the 2009 powderpuff game.  Jasmine Stewart attempts to pull the flag.

Lyndsay Doyle runs the ball during the 2009 powderpuff game. Jasmine Stewart attempts to pull the flag.

2009-10 MCHS Yearbook

2009-10 MCHS Yearbook

2009-10 MCHS Yearbook

Stephanie Elmore, Media & Journalism I

If students want to have their Homecoming be the best, they should take some notes from Homecoming 2009.

“Rave in the Water” was decided to be Homecoming’s theme that year by the MCHS student council.

There were multiple different activities set up for that week. 

On Monday, MCHS staff encouraged students to wear mismatched clothing, and they had a bubblegum contest during lunch. That was followed by the kick-off assembly.

Tuesday students wore tie dye while being revved up for The Battle of The Bands that was going to take place later that day.

The powderpuff game was a sight to behold that Wednesday night where the seniors won 28-21.

“This year’s win was such a rush,” Andrea Carlson, senior, said in the Oct. 21, 2009, issue of Peace Pipe Chatter. “Two years in a row, you can’t top that.”

Thursday’s students were all raving in their class colors as they waited for the talent show where students acted, sang, and showed off other wildly rare talents.

Friday students showed up to school in their school spirit ready to root for the Indians. Their support provided to be empowering to the football team, who won against the Romeoville Spartans, 56-22.

The Homecoming Dance happened Oct. 8 where kids of all ages flocked to their underwater dance.

This was one of the first year’s a group of kids decided to make a sort of political campaign to help get their friend elected as Homecoming king.

Nick Kettman was elected Homecoming king and Brittany Bersano was elected Homecoming queen.

“This year’s dance topped all the other years by far,” senior Julie Ramsak said in the Oct. 21, 2009, issue of the Peace Pipe Chatter.