Freshman boys soccer begins season

Because+of+a+rain-out%2C+freshman+boys+soccer+begins+their+season+at+home+Tuesday+against+Plainfield+North.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Freshman boys soccer begins season

Because of a rain-out, freshman boys soccer begins their season at home Tuesday against Plainfield North.

Jaden Paul, Sports Media class

Coach Michael Groark is ready for the freshmen boys soccer team to compete in every game they play this year. 

“I am looking forward to seeing huge improvements in each player’s ball skills and their development in the technical aspect of soccer,” Groark said.

The boys are also ready for this season to start like never before.

“I want to start every game. Starters can change depending on how you improve can impact your playing time so I need to keep working hard to stay as a starter,” Caleb Getz, right back, said.

The coach has been working them hard in practice so they can improve for the upcoming game.

“He’s a good coach and works us hard everyday at practice,” Tyler Pointer, attacker, said.

The first game for the Indians on Monday against Lockport was canceled due to weather. They will now play their first game at home Tuesday, Aug. 27 at 4:30 p.m. against Plainfield North.