The student news site of Minooka Community High School in Minooka, Illinois

Peace Pipe Chatter

New Beys in the hive

Beyonc%C3%A9%E2%80%99s+first-born+daughter%2C+Blue+Ivy%2C+poses+kissing+her+mother%E2%80%99s+baby+bump+to+show+her+love+for+her+unborn+siblings.+
Beyoncé’s first-born daughter, Blue Ivy, poses kissing her mother’s baby bump to show her love for her unborn siblings.

Gabby Hajduk, Sports Team

On Feb. 1, Beyoncé shocked the world with the announcement that she is pregnant with not only one, but two children. This news came directly from the star herself through a scandalous Instagram post, highlighting her stomach. The post soon became the most-liked Instagram post with 9 million likes and counting.

Fans soon speculated about the gender of the twins based on the color of the clothes she wore. Wearing both blue and pink, many people believe she is sending the message that there will be one boy and one girl.

“Beyoncé is one of my role models so it inspires me that she can hold a successful career and handle a family,” Jasmine Sierecki-Hutton, junior, said.

As if the news wasn’t enough for her fan base, the Queen B released a whole album of pregnancy photos the next day.

The photos varied with some featuring Beyoncé on top of cars, surrounded by flowers, and dressed in elegant attire. Several pictures featured her underwater, clothed in the same color of yellow she wore in her Lemonade album.

Other pictures in the album included Bey with her 5-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy. Blue expressed excitement for her new siblings in the pictures, one of where she was kissing her mother’s belly.

Noticed by Beyoncé’s growing “beyhive,” February seems to be a key month for the singer. Last year around the same time, she surprised everyone with the release of “Formation” at her Super Bowl Performance, and a day later premiered “Lemonade”.

Beyoncé’s grand announcement “broke the internet” by igniting a Twitter frenzy. Within the first 45 minutes of the post being on Instagram, a half million tweets were sent out.

Many celebrities, Rihanna and Chrissy Teigen got in on the action, congratulating Beyoncé and husband Jay-Z on the news.

Enthusiastic fans put on a show for fellow Twitter users by posting hilarious gifs, memes, and pictures to express their thoughts and reactions to the pregnancy.

Although most tweets were from fans thrilled with their idol’s pregnancy, some people were not as excited about the news.

“I really don’t care about her being pregnant because it is just like any other normal pregnancy,” Tony Cisneros, junior, said.

Twitter fights spurred due to people being offended by the fact that some thought the pregnancy was life-changing news and more important than world news.

Beyoncé will continues to impress the public, as she told sources she will still be performing at the Grammys next weekend. Even while carrying twins, expectations will still be high for her performance.