The student news site of Minooka Community High School in Minooka, Illinois

Historic day for cross country program

• Senior Soren Knudsen, receives his first place medal for winning the IHSA 3A state cross country meet. (Meghan Blenck)
  • At the awards ceremony, the girls cross country team receives their 3rd place team trophy. (Meghan Blenck)
  • Soren Knudsen, senior, runs the final stretch of the IHSA state cross country finals. He took first place with a time of 14:02. (Meghan Blenck)
  • The boys team takes off right after the starting gun is fired. They took 22nd as a team. (Meghan Blenck)
  • Seniors Ashley Tutt and Mackenzie Callahan smile with their third place trophy at their final time at state for cross country. (Meghan Blenck)
  • Emily Shelton, junior, takes third place at the IHSA cross country state finals. That finish earned her all-state honors. Mackenzie Callahan (4th), Ashley Tutt (17th), and Vivian Van Eck (23rd) also earned all-state honors. Runners must finish in the top 25 of the race to be considered all-state. (Meghan Blenck)

Meghan Blenck, Editor-in-Chief

The girls took third as a team and ended up with four all-state runners at the IHSA 3A cross country state finals on Nov. 5 at Detweiller Park in Peoria.  The boys finished 22nd as a team, and Soren Knudsen won the race with a time of 14:02.  Check out photos from the meet.